Friday, March 13, 2009

Entryway Freshen Up

I am glad it is Friday! This week seems never ending! It is funny how time seems to go by faster at different times.
This photo is from last Saturday - We went to a Euchre tournament. There was 22 people in all and it was very organized. It seems to be a game that everyone knows how to play, but I guess not everyone! I like playing cards so it was something fun to do with a big group of people. We had a lot of fun:)
On Sunday we went to brunch with the Maguet's. Here is Anita making TJ laugh:
This was AC's order:

We always have fun hanging out with Anita, Jason & TJ. On Tuesday I went to sketch club at the Scrapbook Tree. I actually got 2 12x12 2-page layouts done! Yahoo!

I ordered an entryway bench and shelf from JC Penny's a couple of months ago. AC put the bench together and we hung the shelf last night. I always loved the set that Pottery Barn sells, but I would never pay that much! Here is the shelf:

I went to Michael's last night to get a wall rub-on for our foyer to go above the bench, here it is:

The units from Pottery Barn came to a total of $787 for the bench, shelve, baskets and cushion; JC Penny total $249 for everything!! Neither price is including tax or shipping/handling. Not much else is going on. The temperature is back to 29 degrees today. I hope it warms up soon!

Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Janet said...

Darcey, this looks great! I can't believe how closely it matches the PB stuff. Love the rub-on!

toners said...

What a beautiful piece! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

I love the rub on! I actually have that same saying in my scrapbook area. The shelf and bench look great! :)

Sarah Coggins said...

Sounds like a fun week. Love what you did in the entryway! Definitely a deal. I love PB, but their prices blow my mind some days.

Linda said...

I love the bench and shelf. Glad you were able to find a similar look at a great price. The rub on looks great too.