Thursday, July 3, 2008

Rest in Peace Grandpa T

On Wednesday July 2nd my Grandpa T (my Mom's side of the family) lost his battle with bone cancer.


Grandpa's obituary:


James E. Tetreau, age 69, of Caseville, died July 2, 2008 at his home while under hospice care.
Jim was born July 3, 1938 in Bad Axe to the late Russell and Irene (Anderson) Tetreau. He graduated from Bad Axe High School in 1956. He served in the US Army as a military police officer, including time spent in Vietnam, retiring after twenty years in 1978. After the service he moved to Caseville and married Lonna Deming on December 6, 1980 at the Caseville United Methodist Church.

Locally he worked and retired from the Alton Company in Pigeon. He enjoyed motorcycles, fishing, golfing, woodworking, and playing cards with his friends.
He is survived by his wife Lonna; step-children Pamela Lang of Sterling Heights, Gregory (Bebo) Peterson of Caseville, Penny (Dale) Wood of Unionville and Scott (Rachel) Deming of Yale; 9 step-grandchildren and 3 step-great-granddaughters; and a sister, Donna Chumbler of Bad Axe.
He was preceded in death by his brother Ken.
Private family services will be conducted. Interment will be in Caseville Township Cemetery.
Champagne Funeral Chapel of Caseville handled the arrangements.
Memorials may be made to Heartland Hospice of Bad Axe.


Thank God for Hospice. My Grandpa was in so much pain and they were able to help alleviate some of that pain with their care. They volunteers make such a difference in people's lives near the end.


My Grandparents were married on my birthday. I was 2 years old. Here is a picture of my grandpa and me in 1987.

Photo Note: Scrapbookers every should be gasping, because the year is written on my arm in the photo!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darcey,
I'm so sorry about your Grandpa.

LOL at the date comment. What were they thinking.

Linda said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of your Grandpa, Darcey.

I have some photos that have the date written on then too.

Gabrielle said...

I'm so sorry about your loss!

Hugs to you Darcey!!!!

Sarah Coggins said...

Darcy, so sorry for the loss of your grandfather. ((HUGS)) Prayers for you & your family.

toners said...

Darcey, I am so sorry for the loss of your grandfather. Sending you (((hugs))) during this difficult time.

Benita said...

{{{Darcey}}} So sorry to hear about your Grandpa :( My thoughts & prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

Darcey,

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I love the picture of the two of you!

-Sue

Janet said...

So sorry to hear about your grandpa's passing. Even if it was expected, it doesn't make it easy. I'll be thinking about you and your family in the days to come. {hugs}

Janet said...

Darcey, I tagged you on my blog. Take care of yourself! Janet