Monday, June 16, 2008

2 things for the first time

The power was only off for 3 days. But, it was enough to drive me nuts. On Wednesday, I did something I have never done before. I went to see Sex and the City all by myself. It was a cute movie and I had a good time, the company was the best! I got a couple of calls from work (9 pm) saying the power was back on and they wanted me to call people to let them know. I sent text messages to a few and my co-worker said she would do the rest. I was busy on Thursday and Friday at work. Friday morning I went to my dermatologist for laser treatment for the redness on my right cheek. She said it felt like a rubber band snap, I don't know what kind of rubber band she was talking about, because it felt like little needles poking you really fast. Not pleasant, but beauty isn't painless! I go back in a month for her to check it out and do another treatment. It took about 20 minutes and I had to wear goggles that were solid so I could not see anything. I am not sure where the redness came from, but I noticed it about a year ago now and then others started mentioning it. The Dr. expects it to dramatically improve and not come back.

Not much going on this weekend. I finished the book, My Sisters Keeper. It was good. I need to go through my stack of books at home and pick one to read. I really need to get outside this week and trim all of the bushes. Our walk way is getting overgrown. I have been telling AC that we need to replace a bunch of bushes (All of them) but until yesterday he didn't believe me. Once the bushes get old they stop growing on some sides and get ugly looking. I need to have my friends husband come over and give his expert opinion on what we should plant and replace. (He is a landscaper). On Friday after work I went straight to the tanning salon, and I think someone was trying to tell me something... As I was standing up to get out of the bed, I smashed my head into the cover of the bed, I didn't open it all the way. I had a major headache for a few hours. My head still is tender when I am shampooing my hair.
Happy Monday!

1 comments:

toners said...

Ouch! I hope your head feels better by now!