Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sump Pump & Book Sale

Last night AC found this...
That would be our sump-pump hole filled with water too the top! AC went to Lowe's and bought two different sump-pumps to use as replacements. We are keeping the one with the motor up and not in the water. This gave AC something to worry about and fix last night. I went down to the basement and took a few pictures...


I took some photos of our basement and could not believe what a mess it is!! I always put stuff down there and don't really pay attention. It is not a finished basement and we do not entertain there, so I forget about it and it is not a priority. I can not post the photos here, they are to embarrassing!

My Mom called me on Sunday because she is cleaning out her basement and wanted to know if I wanted a few items. We took this for the cats:

They are enjoying it now, but soon it will also be in the basement.
She was also getting rid of a couple scrapbook items...

Two of these 12x12 paper racks:
And this rack with the little hooks to hang items on.
This is the bottom and it spins.
I will be using these soon. It was nice of her to call me and give them to me. I have a few scrapbooking books that I am going to try to sell. Anyone have any luck with Amazon selling books?
I am up in the air about the Becky Sketches book...








7 comments:

toners said...

We had to replace our sump pump last winter - not a fun job! Those goodies look awesome for your scrap supplies :) And good luck with selling on Amazon; I haven't sold there before, but when we moved last time I sold batches of books/magazines on eBay that did well.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I love the look on AC's face. too funny.I'm glad you caught the sump before it totally overflowed. That would have been a mess.

Cool about your mom calling you. Has she decided to move?

Yummy food. Hmmm, I should get on Bobbie about making meals for us!

I never sold books on Amazon, just bought books so I have no clue.I would keep the sketches book. You never know when you might need it. But then again, you could always borrow mine.

Anonymous said...

oops, forgot to add the message above is from me!

Michelle

Janet said...

Just catching up on blog reading...I am so far behind!! Wow, our kitties would love that climbing thing! Enjoy the scrapbooking racks!

Hey, we have that same sump pump. :-) And ours has failed a couple of times. Good thing you're fixing it!

Linda said...

What nice goodies you got from your mom. And I'm glad you found out about your sump pump before it overflowed. Good luck selling your books.

toners said...

Hi Darcey! I hope all's well with you :) I've tagged you on my blog :)

Benita said...

So sorry to hear about your sump pump :( I love the racks your Mom gave you, especially that spinning one! If you ever want to get rid of it.....hint, hint ;)

BTW, I gave you something on my blog :)